Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A change of pace

Since I launched this blog on February 20, 2009, I have offered up 1, 085 posts for your edification and amusement.

It's been great fun, particularly when I hear back from you, or when you send me something new and interesting that I can share with the rest of our little online community.

But lately it has become clear that, too often, I am filling this space and your time with too many funny cat and dog pictures, and videos of the weird and wonderful gleaned from elsewhere.

I have drifted away from the "observations on the passing scene, spiced with the occasional rant" that I promised back on Day 1.

So from now on, I'll be posting here only when I have something to say that I think you might find interesting. I hope that's often but, as with lightning, one can not predict when inspiration may strike.

I do hope that you continue to check this channel. Thanks for hanging out with me.

2 comments:

  1. Blog away with whatever makes you happy, and whenever you feel like it. I follow your blog on my reader, so I'm always made aware of a new post.

    Also, I don't mind what posts you create, regardless of whether they are profound or just silly. With an overload of burdening news that we're bombarded with daily, a lighthearted and downright wacky post is quite welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. I enjoy whacky stuff on other people's blogs, too. I'm just trying to get back to my original intent. That includes things on the lighter side.

      Delete