Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A curious tale

"I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

But they were not curious where they, the Easter Islanders and all of the explorers, tourists, and archeologists who looked and saw only heads?

And now we know, after hundreds of years, that there are bodies attached to those heads.



Someone finally got curious.

Project director Jo Anne Van Tilburg and her team excavated and exposed the torsos of 7-metre tall statues, astonishing the world.

More in this video.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I hadn't heard about this discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...that is remarkable! I hadn't heard about this either. I will look into it further. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would absolutely love to go and see these in person. Must be absolutely astonishing to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete