Thursday, January 24, 2013

A page from the future

Larry Page, CEO of Google, dreams big.

He has a vision of the future that includes cars that drive themselves, drop you off and go park themselves, then notice that you are leaving and pull up to the door.

If you're someone who views driving as a boring chore, you'll probably love this idea. If, like me, you enjoy driving, you'll see it as a bummer.

I do realize that I'm part of a shrinking minority, so Larry is probably onto something.

Sound farfetched?

Maybe, but let's remember that this guy came up with the idea to photograph every inch of every street everywhere to create a digital replica of the real world available to everyone, free.

And he did it!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't put it past him.

    I don't mind driving now that I live in a small city, but I hated it when I lived in a big one. A car that drives itself would have been quite appealing in the big city.

    ReplyDelete