Friday, September 28, 2012

Signs of the times

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. ~ Abraham Lincoln
• Homer Simpson says, “Barack Obama, I don’t know. I already got one wife telling me to eat healthy. And, plus, he promised me death panels and Grampa is still alive. Mitt Romney? I hear he wears magic underpants. I expect the leader of the free world to go commando.”

• Planes of the future could fly on fuel made from sawdust or straw.

• Myanmar legislators have been watching old clips of the TV series The West Wing to learn about the mechanics of self-government.

• A top young American Scrabble player was caught cheating in the recent national championship competition

• More than half of Canada's 86,000 registered charities have less than $100,000 of annual revenue, and rely on volunteers to carry out their activities.

• Between 50,000 and 100,000 cats live on the streets of Winnipeg.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. ~ Robert McCloskey

No comments:

Post a Comment