Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Almost wireless

Although I have a cellphone, I must concede that I don't find it particularly convenient.

I usually have no idea where my cellphone is presently located.

If I do locate it, I rarely remember to take it with me when I leave the house.

If I do have it with me, I frequently forget to switch it on.

If I remember to switch it on, the battery is usually run down.

If the battery is run down, it will take most of the morning to find the charger.

If the battery is charged, I often discover that the change in my pocket has speed-dialled someone in Europe and had a 20-minute conversation with them.

I receive so few calls that, when I hear a ring, I just assume that it is someone else's cellphone. Then, when I realize that it's my phone ringing, it has usually gone to voice mail by the time I rummage it out of my pocket.

When I get home, I look up Voice Mail Retrieval in the manual.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. This was so familiar. Except that I never could figure out how to retrieve the voice mail and ended up cancelling the service.

    My other problem is that I'm starting to feel embarrassed to pull out my not-a-smart-phone in public.

    ReplyDelete